Storybird is a venture-backed startup focused on storytelling.
Our platform lets anyone make art-inspired stories in seconds and has become the world's fastest-growing story platform—an indispensable tool for millions of families, friends, and schools. It's also attracted the same investors behind Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
This is a big position on a small-and-growing team that will influence how millions of people use our platform.
• Design and code features that define how people experience Storybird
• Ideate on innovative and usable features with a small but opinionated team
• Write and maintain elegant code, building out re-usable models and libraries
• Help define and grow the product engineering team
• Experience with web frameworks (Django, Rails, etc), esp. Ajax with JSON
• A history of shaping and coding web applications
• Entrepreneurial mindset (we’re a startup)
• Easy-going personality (team fit is crucial)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (we value clarity)
• Results focused (you maintain a high signal to noise ratio)
• Great product—the world’s fastest growing narrative entertainment platform
• Seasoned team backed by A-list investors
• Chance to flex and make a deep impact
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Chocolate (seriously good chocolate)
This job is open to North American candidates with a preference for Toronto or New York applicants. However, we'll hire wherever we find the best talent and fit. (The Storybird team is spread over four cities.)